Head of School
(L09-L15, £51,402 – £59,581)
Full Time Permanent- starting as soon as possible, or January 2022
St Mary and St Peter Catholic Primary School
East Anglian Way
Tel: 01493 445117
St Mary and St Peter Catholic Primary School is a welcoming and vibrant Roman Catholic Primary School situated in Gorleston on the east coast of Norfolk. Staff, parents and Governors are very proud of the school and recognise it is a delightful place to grow and learn.
At St Mary and St Peter we are committed to the belief that everyone is treated with fairness, justice, compassion, inclusiveness, love, respect and ensure all pupils have the opportunity for a quality education in a spiritual environment.
The school was a founding member in May 2016 of the St John the Baptist Catholic Multi Academy Trust and the successful candidate will have the opportunity to shape both the school and contribute to the future success of the Trust. The school shares an Executive Head with another local Catholic school who line manages and supports the Head of School, the Exec Head is the Senior Leader accountable for the school. There is a tradition of long established joint support between the two schools and the aspiration to share more leadership, staffing, CPD and vision to be the best possible environments for learning, growth and spiritual development.
The successful candidate will:
• have successful middle or senior leadership experience
• be able to provide strategy, vision and leadership for teaching and learning across the whole curriculum• engage, inspire and work collaboratively with a committed team of teachers, support and administrative staff
• inspire and lead colleagues in our dedicated team of staff and support a positive culture of improvement.
In return, we can offer:
• a strong and supportive leadership team
• the chance to work with a committed and skilled team of staff, who enjoy working together in a collaborative and collegiate way
• a network of headteachers within our Trust and beyond
• ongoing and high quality professional development through the Julian Teaching School Hub.
The Directors and Governors are seeking to appoint a well-qualified, ethos driven and capable leader who is a practicing Catholic to take the helm of our happy and community centred Catholic school.
We welcome applications from candidates at the cusp of school Leadership, as well as established leaders. The successful Head of School will have the extensive support of the Executive Headteacher and the wider Trust, such as the CEO and Deputy CEO.
For an application form and further details, please visit our MAT website St John the Baptist CMAT or the school website https://smspprimary.co.uk/. Preliminary visits to the school are welcome by arrangement with the Executive Headteacher Mrs Priscilla Crane
Closing Date: Friday 2nd July midday
Interview date: Monday 12th July 2021
Application forms should be returned to email@example.com or by post to John Eady, Compliance Manager, St John the Baptist CMAT, Surrey Street, Norwich, NR1 3PB.
Applicants should be practicing Catholics supportive of our ethos. St John the Baptist CMAT welcomes applications from members of minority ethnic communities and those with disabilities. The Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. You will be subject to DBS checks along with relevant