The Diocesan Liturgy Commission under the guidance of the Bishop aims to:
- Be aware of the Liturgical needs of the parishes in the diocese;
- Listen, support and advise parishes regarding liturgical matters.
- Promote and plan practical initiatives for sacramental celebrations;
- Provide resources to individuals and to parishes and to network with other agencies in the diocese.
The following areas of work are covered by the Commission:
- Providing resources for the Liturgical year
- Art and Architecture – new churches, and reordering of churches, artwork.
- The provision of on-going resources to meet contemporary needs
The current membership of the Commission are: Bishop Alan Hopes, Canon David Paul, Fr John Barnes, Daniel Justin, Adrian La Chapelle, Stella Fox, and Fr Tony Rogers (acting chair)