The Catholic Bishop of East Anglia is seeking to appoint a ‘live out’ Housekeeper/Cook, on a part-time basis, based in Poringland, near Norwich.
Purpose of the role: To fulfil general housekeeping/cooking duties in the Bishop’s House, alongside ensuring facilities and utilities are maintained.
Location: Poringland, Norwich
Salary: £10 per hour
Duration: Six months initially, leading to a permanent post for an appropriate applicant
Working Hours: 22 hours per week, over 4 days – Monday/Tuesday and Thursday/Friday – Flexibility over start and finish times will be considered. Occasional Saturday availability will be required – 10/12 occasions per year.
Start Date: Tuesday, January 4, 2022
Main duties will include:
- Cooking at least one main meal per day, mostly for one, though may include private lunches or small groups of guests
- Liaison with caterers, for large events
- Ordering personal and in-house catering food
- Undertaking some in-house catering, requiring menu planning
- General household duties, including
- Dealing with suppliers and contractors for general maintenance of the property, including facilities and utilities
- Changing beds
- Personal washing and ironing
- Supervision of the Cleaner and assistance with daily light cleaning/tidying duties
Essential Skills Required:
- Confidentiality in all matters
- Good organisational ability and attention to detail
- Self-motivated, solution focussed and reliable
- Courteous and polite manner, good communication skills and good time management
- Flexible, adaptable and able to respond to changes in routine
- Ability to cook a varied menu
If this post is of interest and you wish to discuss it, please contact Julie O’Connor on 07747 698524.
Click here to download an application form
An application form and short covering email/letter should be send by the closing date of Friday December 17 to, Bishop’s PA Laura Hastings at email@example.com or at The White House, 21 Upgate, Poringland, Norwich NR14 7SH.
A completed DBS check would need to be made for the successful candidate.