Bishop Alan marks silver jubilee as Catholic priestDecember 4, 2020
Thinking with Pope Francis about Building BridgesDecember 7, 2020
A provisional calendar of events across the Diocese of East Anglia has been released. Due to the on-going Covid-19 restrictions, all future dates should be checked before attending.
- Streamed Christmastide Youth Mass celebrated by Bishop Alan: Sunday January 3, Church of the Annunciation, Poringland. More details to come.
- Mass for the Religious of the Diocese: Tuesday, February 2, 11.30am, St John’s Cathedral, Norwich
- Annual Mass to celebrate Our Lady of Lourdes with Anointing of the Sick: Saturday February 20, 11.30am, St John’s Cathedral, Norwich – Cancelled
- Rite of Election: Sunday February 21, 3pm, St John’s Cathedral Norwich and on live stream. For all Catechumens and Candidates being baptised and confirmed at Easter.
- Lenten Station Masses: 5pm Exposition and Confession, 6pm Mass: Peterborough Deanery – St Peter & All Souls – February 23 (4pm and 5pm); Cambridge Deanery – Our Lady and the English Martyrs – February 26; King’s Lynn Deanery – Holy Family – March 2; Ipswich Deanery – St Mary – March 4; Bury St Edmunds – St Edmunds – March 9; Coastal Deanery – Our Lady Star of the Sea, Lowestoft – March 11; Norwich Deanery – St John’s Cathedral, Norwich – March 16
- Chrism Mass: March 30, 12 noon, St John’s Cathedral, Norwich and on live-stream. Oils for the Sacraments are blessed and priests, deacons and people renew their commitment to serve.
- Ignite Diocesan Youth Festival: May 1-3, Sacred Heart School, Swaffham
- Diocesan Pilgrimage to Walsingham: Monday, May 3, 12 noon to 4.30pm. One of the major annual events of the year in the life of the Diocese. National Shrine, Walsingham.
- Altar Servers Mass and BBQ: Saturday May 8, 11.30am, St John’s Cathedral, Norwich, then a barbeque.
- Diocesan Children’s Pilgrimage to Walsingham: Tuesday June 1, 10.15am at National Shrine, Walsingham.
- Annual Celebration of Priesthood: Thursday June 3, 11am, White House, Poringland.
- Diocesan Celebration of Marriage and Family Life: Saturday June 12, 11am, St John’s Cathedral, Norwich. Mass for couples celebrating special wedding anniversaries.
- Ordination to the Priesthood: Saturday July 10, 11.30am, St John’s Cathedral, Norwich
- Diocesan Pilgrimage to Lourdes: August 20 – 27
- Dowry of Mary Pilgrimage to Walsingham: Sunday September 5, 12 noon, National Shrine, Walsingham
- Meeting of the Retired Priests of the Diocese: Thursday October 7, 11.30am, Mass at Our Lady of the Annunciation, Poringland
- Annual Gathering of Deacons, wives and students and wives in formation for the Diaconate: Saturday October 9, St John’s Cathedral, Mass at 12.15pm and buffet lunch.