The solemnity of the Assumption of Our Lady is usually marked by carrying of the statue of Our Lady, which was given to the pontifical National Shrine to Our Lady of Walsingham in Kings Lynn by Pope Leo XIII in 1897. The route goes from the parish church of Our Lady of the Annunciation to the Red Mount, which is a late 15th-century wayside chapel for pilgrims on their way to Walsingham and houses two chapels.
For obvious reasons, things had to be done differently this year, but the tradition was upheld as best we could. After vespers at Our Lady of the Annunciation, we took an informal ramble to the Red Mount in a socially distant manner. On arrival at the Red Mount we prayed as normal before ambling back for benediction.
Pictured above is the Red Mount Procession