“It was a great pleasure to celebrate Joe and Victoria’s wedding last Saturday,” he said. “It was the first wedding since February and more than a dozen have had to be cancelled or postponed. So it was lovely to see a return to more normal life. We wish Victoria and Joe every happiness in their marriage.”
Friends and family of the couple said they had been “glued to the screen” waiting for Boris Johnson to drop the word ‘wedding’ into one of his briefings.
Victoria Knowles and Joe Howard had to cut their invitation list to 30 in line with government restrictions, and drop the plan of a reception on the day at Hales Hall in Lodden.
However, “the most important thing was for us to become husband and wife,” said Victoria “so I’m glad we held our nerve and went through with it.
“The ceremony was beautiful and I’m so happy we’re here today celebrating with the people who came to support us – even if they couldn’t come inside.”
Friends and extended family of the couple gathered outside the cathedral while the ceremony was live-streamed.
The reception has been postponed until September, when a second celebration will hopefully take place with a much larger capacity. And rather than going to the Maldives for their honeymoon, the couple will be glamping in a bell tent in their back garden.
Pictured above are Joe and Victoria Howard. Credit: EDP/Sarah Lucy Brown
Story extracts from EDP24 – you can read the full version here: