Newman conversations tackle education in ScotlandJune 29, 2021
Chaplain organises shopping for stranded seafarersJuly 1, 2021
Tony Baker from Norwich has been appointed provincial president of the Catenian Association, covering an area which stretches from London to King’s Lynn.
Tony and his wife Val will celebrate 50 years of being members of the Catenian Association in July this year. Tony joined the association in 1971; his father George had been a very popular member in Norwich for several years.
He has occupied many posts over this period and has held the office of Norwich Circle President three times; his president’s charity raised over £2000 for charities including the St Vincent De Paul Society (SVP).
Tony has been married to his wife Val for just over 50 years and has two sons and four grandchildren.
Tony was elected as Provincial President for Province (2) in May. This province covers 16 Circles from the City of London to Kings Lynn and includes Cambridge and all areas east.
The Catenians are an association of Catholic men who are committed to faith, family and friendship. They support the Catholic Church, young people and those in need. Life-long friendships are developed by meeting once a month and enjoying a varied programme of social and family events.
Some of the aims are:
- To foster brotherly love among our members and to develop social bonds among our members and their families
- To support and enjoy the company of one another in the practice of our Faith.
- To support and encourage Brothers, their families and widows as needs arise.
- To support Brothers in difficulty or need including maintaining and administering benevolent funds through the Catenian Association Benevolent and Children’s Fund.
- To advance the interests and development of young Catholics and to assist them in the choice or pursuit of a career, including the promotion and support of the Catenian Association Bursary Fund.
- To help our clergy and to encourage and support vocations to the religious life in appropriate ways.
- To support charities which the Circle, Province or Association considers are worthy and relevant.
Pictured above are Tony and Val Baker